In today's tutorial you will learn how to create a beautiful flower in watercolour.
1. For this exercise you will need: watercolour paper, graphite pencil, masking tape, watercolour, brushes, a photo of a flower.
2. Fasten a sheet of watercolour paper using masking tape, and then draw a flower with graphite pencil as shown in the picture below.
3. Tone the sheet of watercolour paper with pale yellow watercolour and leave the work until the paper dries out.
4. Paint over the background using deep cold colours as shown in the picture below.
5. After finishing painting over the background leave the work until the paper dries out.
6. Paint a flower starting with light details.
7. After finishing painting the flower leave the work until the paper dries out, and then remove the masking tape.